When the Great Recession hit, Ryan found himself at a crossroads: to give up his dreams in real estate and get a 9 to 5 in another industry, or to pursue his ambitions in the industry and trust that he was doing the right thing.
It was this decision that led to the founding of Hurley Development in 2009. Armed with the experience and connections that Ryan had been cultivating in the development industry and Vancouver, the company’s first deal was a complex, multi-party commercial project that involved planning, design, and execution with a local Vancouver business.
Though there were many challenges at the start, Hurley Development quickly took on more projects, and grew to become one of the premier real estate development companies in the region.
But Ryan did not only want to establish Hurley Development as a strong company – as a Vancouver native, he wanted to give back to his hometown and help build up the community. This driving motivation – to “Bring Life” – is still core to Hurley Development today, and can be seen in the company’s approach to its projects.
Ryan Hurley still lives in Vancouver, Washington, with his wife and their children.
Award-winning web design & development professional
2009 - Present
Hurley Development President
– Carry out the mission, vision, and values of Hurley Development
– Communicate with relevant parties about various projects, including executive team, company directors, investment partners, banks and financial organizations, non-profits, city government, architects and designers, and business leaders.
– Collaborate on small- and large-scale aspects of the business in order to ensure success at every level
2001 - 2008
Hinton Development Corporation Manager
– Responsible for residential development portfolio, which covered acquisition, entitlement, construction, and disposition.
– Grew company portfolio by evaluating development opportunities, conducting feasibility analyses, and creating development strategies.